Children and youth ages 3 through 21 that have disabilities may be eligible for special education services. A child may get accommodations or qualify for special education if they are having trouble learning in school because of mental, physical, and emotional disabilities. A student must be evaluated to see if they are eligible for special education.
Find out how special education works in Hillsborough County Fl:
Where do I start if I think my child needs special education?
Before your child goes to school, talk with your child’s care team about:
· When your child will be ready to go back to school.
· Expectations for your child’s care and treatment at school.
· Your child’s pain, discomfort, or energy level at school.
· If your child will need to miss school, have a hard time concentrating or difficulty learning skills.
· What supplies, equipment or treatments your child may need at school.
· How your school nurse or school can help you, and what services they provide.
· Transportation for your child to and from school (be sure to talk with your child’s bus driver).
· If your child will need an individual health plan (IHP). Learn about the individual health plan from the Parent Advocacy Network of New Jersey for children with health management needs.
Prepare for school:
· Gather any medicines and forms needed for school.
· Create an emergency plan and list of phone numbers for you, your child’s care team and other important contacts.
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.